donderdag 26 april 2012

Large quantities

Stuff in large quantities tend to be damaged, broken up, changed and thrown away. Simply economics about a not so scares product and so their low economic value. So now I suddenly have found large quantities of skulls I tend to think in the same way. Not in value, but in breaking and changing. Although, I probably add less economic value per individual skull when I use more skulls in one sculpture. [....but I don't want to be influenced by the best economical way to add value to the things I find, it should be the best creative way.]

Finding more skulls does mean I can experiment different things that require 'bulk material' and so progress, hopefully. What happens when this 'bulk material' becomes scarce again? I would probably got used to the changing, breaking and throwing. I can only take that step back if I would still appreciate making individual sculptures with just one skull.

So, I have summarised our relationship with oil by describing my relationship with sheep skulls.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten