woensdag 9 januari 2013

Organising my life around art

The business model of an artist isn't about art really, it's more about channeling money from somewhere else in order to keep doing it. Now that I am moving, the available sources of money change too and I have to reconsider my options:

- Become a full time sculptor: Uhh, not really. Probably the least attractive option in terms of finance. Maybe a few years later, but I am just getting started with showing my work (1 1/2 year so far) and haven't lived long enough in the UK to have a decent personal network. If I would I think I have to make more artwork that has a neutral feel. If I look at work of other artists that sell regularly, they have either been around for a long time or have a more 'commercial style'. My work is quite specific, which makes it unique and special, but perhaps not that appealing to a bigger audience. BUT ANYWAY I WILL NEVER STOP MAKING CHALLENGING WORKS!

- Part time job in what I used to do: part time jobs in financial controlling are hard to find and I expect it will be difficult to get them with being out of it for 4 years. If I could, it probably earns better than the average part time job and means I can do a job that actually requires thinking. Love numbers.

- Part time job in finance admin: Less challenging, but ok. Most vacancies of all my options. Could be ok work, but admin jobs can differ a lot.

- Part time job in sport: Lots of passion for sport and is something new, although I have a lot of experience in it. Would be very interesting and even more if it was about outdoor sports. Haven't seen much adverts.

- Part time job in art: Same as the sport one, less experience, but getting more every day. Would work well with making sculptures. Not many adverts.

- I could also do something as an independent person, like doing freelance work in sport or providing services like being a mountain bike guide.

Writing it down helps, let these thoughts do their work and see what I think in a few weeks....



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten