woensdag 27 maart 2013

Development of Easter hunt


Some of you may have noticed the Easter hunt I a am trying out this Sunday 31st of March. The idea to create a full skeleton of a rabbit for on a fridge developed in Summer 2012. I just finished a couple of fridge magnets and suddenly thought I could use many magnets to form a bigger sculpture. So I made few that consisted of 4 individual magnets:



Soon I wanted to make a complete character by using all the bones of a rabbit. Because I didn’t have one I put the idea in the freezer as we Dutch say. Soon I thought; ‘Why not make a 2D sculpture as a normal wall based piece of art?’ So the first 2D sculpture was born, with the sheep bones and plastic I already had:



This pushes me in making more 2D artwork, like this:



Now, more than 6 months later I combined the idea to do something with Easter and the old idea of a 2D sculpture for on the fridge. In the last 4 months I was already collecting full skeletons of anything. And now here it is:



Sadly, this sculpture will probably end up split among lucky finders, but I will probably make another one to sell. So now you see how ideas can spread, lost, come back and been crossed over to get a result like this. I have many base ideas that follow their own life and I regularly try to combine them. Yes, the possibilities are endless and this is exactly the reason why I get more ideas when I do more sculpting. Writers block? I am not a writer and I don't want to be blocked by words!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten