donderdag 30 mei 2013

The buzz after a great fair!

Last weekend I was at Strummercamp, which is small Punk rock festival and I had a really good time there! Mainly because of the response of people to my work I had on display there and a bit for the general atmosphere and great weather!

I have the impression that the people who came there are more than average interested in what I make and might be more open for alternative things. Might, might....it makes sense that they are! Again, my work didn't appeal to a certain age group. Like always, I got a lot of attention from children, but also from everybody else. It is really nice to here positive comments on my work and seeing people smiling or being genuinely surprised!

I always leave a fair like that with an energy boost to create more based on the feedback I got, but I don't want to make a lot of new things, because I haven't explored some areas enough. For example, the fossil making, fridge magnet sculptures, road kill based sculptures etc. So I decided to focus on these ...... and soon realised I didn't have enough material to work on either one of them. It is a slow process to get bones and with my back injury it isn't easy to source big stones for the fossils.

So today I couldn't resist the urge and started something new. Well, it is also a bit old, because for these new sculptures I am going back to the sculptures I used to make two years ago:

 Cungo

 GoGo

 Hom Rottey

Robit

The danger is that the whole idea is crap. Normally, when I get a 'good' idea I leave it for a while, like a month, and check back later. If that idea still feels good after a month or longer, it probably is good. But  now that I have no part time job to keep me occupied, I have time and I don't like doing nothing, so I immediately started. 
It will be a few small fictional urban animal characters. The first one will be a bird and I am thinking of adding a very small story or description to them. To be continued.....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten