zondag 4 augustus 2013

Painter William Ralph Turner

I feel I have a couple of connections with this painter; William Ralph Turner. No, he is not the Turner that most people of you know. He is the William Turner that lived in the same era and place as L.S. Lowry. They knew each other and often painted similar subjects. He recently died and I am glad he got the recognition he deserves, although he was already more than 80 years old.

Here is a link: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/william-turner-painter-who-emerged-from-lowrys-shadow-when-he-was-in-his-eighties-8708172.html

Why I feel this connection? Well, he is a self taught artist. His teacher actually advised him not to go to art school, because of lack of talent. I am self taught as well.
Just like him, I live and started my art in the North West of the UK. Also, just like him I like cycling.

I just hope I get the recognition earlier than him, but he did get it while still breathing and making art and eventually see his work being sold for 5-figure sums! That would be amazing to experience!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten