donderdag 31 mei 2012

Stuffed animals in art



About this article: http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/12253696/__Kunst_met_dode_dieren__.html


Something Dutch; an exhibition in KunstRai Amsterdam about stuffed animals used in art. The responses, as always on internet news articles, are quite negative. Apparently there is something going on about art in The Netherlands being paid by the tax payer. I believe there was a lot of criticism about one art installation being sponsored and that wasn't received well by the public and now it seems that they all assume all art is sponsored. Also, they find using these type of animals quite sensitive, especially when used in this contrastingly way. 

My art is sort of in the same area, only I don't use pet animals and also no stuffed animals. Although this is not something I would attempt, I find it interesting. Would like to see the other works to see if their message is expressed well and that it's not just about the shock effect. 
I use bones after the animal has dead long ago, mostly 6 months or much more. I think the main sensitivity is caused by the recognition of the pet animal for the simple fact that it still looks like the animal with all it's fur, expression etc.

But still it's likely that a big bunch of the public don't like my work for the same reasons. The only thing I want to point out to those that will see my work in the future; I am not paid by any taxpayer! I am purely grinding away my own hard earned savings!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten