dinsdag 29 mei 2012

Where my rubbish comes from

My waste frustration last week has been pointed towards sports drinks. I read that 59% of all adults drink these products regularly during the day whenever they feel tired. Somehow these companies have cleverly  convinced these people that sports drinks are magic potions that will take away an uncomfortable feeling of being tired. I am amazed how naive people apparently are when it comes to buying food. These drinks are no more than water and lots of sugar or fast energy sources, generally the stuff you only need after more then a hour of intense exercise and even then you'll be fine with normal food. I do a lot of sport every week and I don't use any sport drink.

This is a typical example of clever marketing and a naive attitude towards big food companies. I understand, I am likely still buying stuff I don't need myself, but I have a healthy paranoia. To remind me of this healthy paranoia I have created Dew, a skull made out of 4 fridge magnets. It is made out of two rabbit skulls, sport drink bottle lids and plastic. Consuming all these unnatural food sources creates a contrast with your natural body, pushes it out of balance, creates diabetes. Dew is similar; I added unnatural elements to a natural base.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten